English Vocabulary Colourful Phrasal verbs



Colourful Phrasal verbs

🟢 write down🔹
to write information on a piece of paper 
▫️Do you want to *write down* my phone number?

🟢 lie down🔸
to start lying (on a bed, etc) 
▫️I'm going to go and *lie down* for a while.

🟢 go away🔹
to leave a place/someone 
▫️Why don't you just *go away* and leave me alone?

🟢 build up🔸
to increase 
▫️These exercises are good for *building up* leg strength.

🟢 blow up🔹
to explode 
▫️Luckily, the bomb didn’t *blow up*.

🟢 read out🔸
to say something out loud which you are reading 
▫️He *read* the list of names *out*.

🟢 go off🔹
to no longer be fresh 
▫️Has this milk *gone off?*

🟢 put back🔸
to return something to where it was 
▫️Can you *put* the book *back* when you've finished with it?

🟢 let down🔹
to disappoint 
▫️You've really *let me down.*

🟢 take off🔸
to remove (a piece of clothing) 
▫️It felt good to finally *take* my shoes *off* after a I on 9 day.

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

0 टिप्पणियाँ